The Anti Spam plugin allows the user to recognize potential spammers and mark them as "potential spammers". These profiles are not active until they are moderated by the administrator.
Once a potential spammer joins, the administrator receives an email, containg the information that a potential spammer has joined. The email shows which criteria were violated during joining process: a username with numbers, illegal keywords, numbers in email, etc.
For example, Chinese spammers typically use email addresses like "email@example.com" and usernames like "ebm84066". You can simply filter such users using the Anti Spam plugin for SocialEngine.
This plugin allows you to prevent the appearance of huge amount of unwanted and harmful content on your website!
- Recognize and block potential spammers according to specified settings
- View potential spammer information
- E-mail notifications for administrators and potential spammers
- Search potential spammers by Display Name/Username/Email
- Member Statistics browsing including Date of Join, Joined IP, Last Login, Last Login IP
- Edit/Delete/Approve Potential Spammer feature
- Set criteria for users as potential spammers analyzing their e-mail domains, the presence of numbers in their e-mails addresses and usernames, keywords found in usernames, display names and e-mail addresses
- E-mail notifications to the administrator and users with adjustable templates
For SocialEngine v.4.x:
Back end demo here (Use the following login: firstname.lastname@example.org. The password: 111111)